EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM 12:00-2:00 PM
The Food Pantry at First Unitarian partners with Roadrunner Food Bank to provide nutritious groceries and essentials to our neighbors experiencing hunger. We strive to act with compassion, justice, and equality for all.
Our actions are based on the principle of mutual aid, which means that everyone contributes what they can and receives what they need. The food pantry is not a charity, but a community of solidarity and empowerment. It helps people in need by providing them with nutritious food, as well as opportunities for social connection, resources, and advocacy.
HUNGER IN NEW MEXICO
- New Mexico is ranked #1 for Child Hunger in the United States.
- 1 in 8 Adults and 1 in 5 Children in New Mexico are food insecure.
- Hunger impacts health and education possibilities in our community.
- Roadrunner Food Bank is the largest distributor of food to hungry New Mexicans.
- The Food Pantry at First Unitarian is an official partner of Roadrunner Food Bank.
THE PET FOOD PANTRY
The Pet Food Pantry is a community initiative that supports pet owners who are facing food insecurity. We accept and distribute donations of dog and cat food in a spirit of solidarity and care. If you need help or want to help, contact us today!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Share from your Pantry Select shelf-stable items that are not expired. Choose foods you enjoy and think your neighbors will like, too! Non-perishable food and hygiene items welcome.
- Consider Bulk Items Donations made in bulk can feed more friends! Consider sharing cases of peanut butter, granola bars, pet food, and other items that can be purchased in large quantities.
- Drop off Donations The Pantry is open Wednesdays from 12:00-2:00 pm. When closed, donations may be left at the church office. Items will be accepted as storage space allows.
- Donate Financially Click here to donate securely online.
- Volunteer! There are many opportunities to volunteer at the Food Pantry each week. Contact us for a list of current needs.