Facility Rental Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How much parking is available?

We have parking lots on both the north (entrance on Comanche) and south (entrance on Carlisle) sides of the campus. We have 50 parking spaces in the main lot and about 8 in the back lot. Additional parking is available after hours only in adjacent lots including 36 spaces in The Arc of New Mexico lot and 119 spaces in the adjacent office park off Comanche. Please check with us for more information.

Q: May we serve alcohol at our event?

Yes, alcohol is allowed on church campus under certain conditions. If you hire a caterer for your event, the caterer must supply the church office with their server’s alcohol certification and a copy of their certificate of insurance. Note that our campus is tobacco and drug free.

Q: May we use the playground equipment?

The playground equipment is not available for rental. Children are to be kept with adults at all time.

Q: Can items be hung on the walls?

Minor decorating is allowed. Please discuss your intentions when you call. There are provisions for mounting items on the walls in all rooms. We ask that you use the existing arrangements and not tape or tack anything to the walls.

Q: Are your ministers available to perform weddings and memorial services?

The Minister is available only to officiate at ceremonies for members of the church. Our Associate Minister is available to officiate at member and non-member events unless the Minister is on sabbatical. We also have a list of local UU ministers who perform these services to whom we can refer you. Our professional staff are available to assist for weddings, memorial and funeral services, child dedications, and other special services for both members of the congregation and the wider community. Click here for more information about weddings and memorials.

Q: Do you have a piano available?

Pianos are available by special arrangement in the sanctuary and social hall. Please ask us if you are interested in hiring our church music director or need referrals for musicians.

Q: Are audio/video services available?

Audio /video services are available by special arrangement. Call the church office for more information.